Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not so pretty

After a couple of days of relative peace stomach-wise, today I was assaulted with, well, there's no nice way to say this: diarrhea. Nasty. It hadn't let up the whole day, finally easing sometime into the night. Now I'm sipping on nippon soup, one of several cups today.

Yesterday I dared to have about a tablespoon of regular cream. The boy & I had semlor, & though we'd usually have lactose-free dairy, I decided to try some regular dairy as he'd bought it & I react to the lactose-free anyway. I also ate a few of the vege chips from the store, being selective in what I got & making sure that it was mainly squash. My experiment there seemed to work; I think the squash is safe.

The dairy, however, not so. That can be the only thing that has caused this rampage of the runs. If I have too much lactose-free dairy I'll feel it the next day. Usually a bit runnier than usual. But not like this. This was painful, & there was no way I was leaving the house. All the plans I'd made for the day were cancelled. I didn't feel great about it, but it was a safer position to take.

So now, rather than dwell on it any more, I'm off to relax before bed. My mind needs a mental break from this constant considering the what-&-why.

No comments:

Post a Comment